Comfort Food Favorite: Twice-Baked Potatoes by Kirsten Vala in View All Posts, September 15th, 2010
- Comments (45)
We’re teaming up with other food and garden bloggers to host Summer Fest 2010, a season-long garden party. Each week we’ll feature favorite garden-to-table recipes and tips to help you enjoy the bounty, whether you’re harvesting your own goodies or buying them fresh from the market. To join in, check out awaytogarden.com.
Twice-baked potatoes are like the dinner-plate version of cupcakes – they’re cute, decadent, individually portioned and completely irresistible. Sure, they require more effort than your average weeknight potato side (they’re baked, mashed, mixed, filled and then baked again), but they’re also one of those dishes that makes any dinner feel like a special occasion. Twice-bake a cheesy batch for family and friends whenever you want to impress.
From Food Network Magazine: Marbled Stuffed Potatoes
Can’t decide between sweet potatoes or regular russets? Mash them up together, with this twist on a classic (pictured above). Sour cream, butter and sharp cheddar make it a stuffed potato to remember, the perfect side for a Sunday chicken dinner.
Paula’s Shrimp-Stuffed Potatoes
Once again Paula pushes the boundaries, stuffing potatoes with the normal stick of butter, two cheeses and sour cream, and then mixing in shrimp! Looks good, and 261 (and counting) 5-star reviews prove it’s a winner.
The Neelys’ Twice Baked Potatoes With Broccoli
For a tasty take on broccoli-cheese potatoes, the Neelys mash their broccoli right into the potato filling, along with sour cream, sharp cheddar and smoked gouda. “These potatoes ROCK!!!!” says reviewer Cherie from Georgia.
More Potato Ideas with Friends and Family:
- Alison at Food2: Boil ‘Em, Mash ‘Em, Stick ‘Em in a Stew
- Sara at Cooking Channel: Duck Fat Roasted Potatoes
- Liz at Healthy Eats: A Day of Potatoes Spuds for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Marilyn at Simmer Till Done: Baked potatoes and vintage “junior” cookbooks
- Caron at San Diego Foodstuff: Hatch Chile Potato Salad
- Nicole at Pinch My Salt: Taquitos de Papa, made with leftover mashed potatoes
- Caroline at the Wright Recipes: Indian Spiced Potatoes with Chickpeas (Aloo Chole)
- Paige at The Sister Project: French Fries to soothe a burnt-out cook’s soul
- Margaret at A Way to Garden: Potato Growing, Curing and Storage Tips
- Alana at Eating From the Ground Up: The strange experience of growing potatoes
- Cate at Sweetnicks: Bleu Cheese Potato Mashers
- Gilded Fork: A roundup of potato recipes
- Food Network UK: We Like Spuds!
Past Summer Fest Picks:
Join the conversation on twitter at #summerfood.