Super Bowl Party Picks: For Saints Fans

by in View All Posts, February 2nd, 2010

emerils-wings
I’ve got lots of family in New Orleans, so we’re pulling hard for the Saints to bring home their first-ever Super Bowl victory. I’ll be watching at home in New York, but my Big Easy-inspired Super Bowl party menu is all set, courtesy of Food Network Magazine.

The January/February issue has dozens of great game day recipes, plus a Mardi Gras-themed feast. No matter where your football loyalties lie, it’s hard to deny that New Orleans has the culinary advantage! Here’s my plan for a delicious Super Bowl spread:
saints-potato-skin
Muffuletta Potato Skins: The next best thing to the original sandwich from the French Quarter’s Central Grocery.

Emeril’s wings: These may not be very Cajun, but a version of Emeril’s Vietnamese-flavored wings is on the menu at his excellent restaurant NOLA.

Pimiento Cheese Dip (#9 of 50 Dips): It’s popular throughout the South, but always reminds me of my visits to Louisiana.

New Orleans Cocktails: Sazeracs will class up our football party (yes, there will also be beer!)
praline-cake1
Bourbon Praline Cake: A festive dessert to break out after the Saints win!

Colts fans: Check back in with the FN Dish later this week for our Indy-themed menu picks.

Impartial? For a taste of the tropics, try our Miami-inspired menu.

–Sara Levine

10 Best Restaurants to Follow on Instagram

While the joke of photographing food has come and gone, what remains is beautifully lit pictures of truly delicious dishes. And if the hipsters starte...

1. Mike says:

WHO DAT!!! NO definitely has the best food!

2. "Gumbo" the Mascot says:

This is awesome! If I can't be on Bourbon Street when the Saints win this weekend at least I can eat like I am. Every Saints fan needs to do their part… make a dish, grab an Abita beer, and rock your black and gold! WHO DAT BABY!

3. luvcookin says:

I'll be cooking a big pot of seafood gumbo! WHO DAT!!!

4. Annie Park says:

I usually order in wings for our annual super bowl party, but this year, I wanted to try something new…so I practiced preparing Emiril's Wings and the Potato Skins tonight…HUGE hit with the family (everyone wanted seconds!)…I will DEFINITELY be making them again next weekend…The "themed" menu will be sure to impress…

5. Andrea says:

This is such an amazing menu for my superbowl party. I will be making all of it but I really can’t wait to bake the bourbon praline cake-let’s go saints!

6. Candy says:

These are GREAT ideas….Thank you for such a fun menu!
    WHO DAT!!!!

7. Mouth of the South says:

Great article. Definitely gonna cook/drink a few of these up for gameday. Laissez les bon temps roulez!

8. Ricky says:

How very fun! Go NOLA

9. rebeccaS says:

awesomeee! I was just in Nola and this menu brings back lots of great memories. Thanks!

10. Angie says:

I'm not a football fan, but love Super Bowl parties! I'll definitely be checking out some of these recipes for a potluck Super Bowl get-together. Thanks for making it so easy to assemble a menu!