Sneak Peek: Melissa’s New Show!

by in View All Posts, View Video Only, August 2nd, 2009

Be the first to watch Melissa on the set of her new show, Ten Dollar Dinners with Melissa d’Arabian.

Top 10 Recommended Eats from the North: On the Road with America’s Best Cook

On America’s Best Cook, Sundays at 9|8c, home cooks battle it out for the chance to win the title of America’s Best Cook, all while repres...

1. Margie says:

If both Adam & Kelsey have their own shows on FN, then why not
    a show for Jeffery? I'm a Senior & I liked the quiet & Zen like quality that he had. I will probably watch Melissa for the first week or so, until I see what it's like.

2. Suzie -Q (Florida) says:

Love FN shows, I honestly almost never change the channel.
    I love to cook myself… so here is my take on Melissa …. she's just another Mom which ONLY talks about her kids, and I might add they are so young they can't honestly really give her negitive or postive feedback about her meals, because of there age. This is their "MOM" we are talking about., so in their eyes…this is 'MOMMY" who loves them and takes care of them and of course feeds them. (Nothing new here or different from what any loving "Mom" would do. Jeffrey really caught my eye and with his personality I think he would have given us new ideas and added a litle "SPICE" to FN. I was a single Mom, raised 3 boys ….so I already know how to "budget cook". My opinion….about ($10.00 Meals) …. I think viewers were looking for something more….than Melissa has to offer.
    Hopefully FN will bring Jeffrey back…….

3. Chris says:

I really like Melissa. I was hoping that she would win. I have watched every season of Next Food Network Star and the winner has never been someone that I liked. I have never wanted to watch any of the shows that past winners were on. I just tuned in to Melissa's new show and I am on my way to the store to buy the ingredients for her potato torte and salad to make for dinner. I am also buying a food processor so I can make home made pie crust more often.
    Great job with your selection Bob, Bobby, and Susie.

4. Really on a Budget says:

Wasn't the show "perfect"! There are other adjectives, I think. I lost cost after at least 10 "perfect's"! Come on – perhaps we're not even looking for "perfect"!
    $10.00 – really – the investment was a whole lot more expensive – did you see the wedge of guereye cheese? Can you say $20 (at least) initial investment.
    I wonder if Miss Melissa ever really had to cook on a budget for her family? You know, like when you only have $10.00 to make a meal for 4 and guereye cheese and baby greens would blow the $10.00 right away.
    I would have rather seen her use the left-over dough to make a simple cinnamon-sugar pastry dessert to see how that $10.00 could be stretched even further.
    Melissa, a person on a budget buys a whole chicken and can squeeze 3 meals out of it. Now that's making the food dollar stretch.
    P. S. and somehow all the Paris talk doesn't equate to we people who need budgets and live and eat comfortably on one.
    The persona and the talk don't match. Sorry, I was rooting for you but don't believe I'll be rushing home from church to catch you. There really are people out there with serious budget constraints that are not able to fill their pantry and refrigerators with the likes of what the first show demonstrated.

5. Marc says:

I agree with the last 2 comments:

* The recipes looked really good, and I'd like to try them myself
    * I think I would spend at least $50 going to the store to buy the ingredients (gruyere, balsamic vinegar, real maple syrup, etc.)

I have a simple solution: change the name of the show!

6. Rae says:

I thought the judges' choice of Melissa was misguided, and not what the audience wants from FN. However, I decided to watch a little of her first episode. Besides the fact that I was bored silly, there is NO WAY that meal cost $10. The salad alone would be more than $10 in ingredients. Mixed greens ($5.99/lb) Olive Oil, Balsamic, dijon, soy sauce (over $20 just to buy these), Now I know what NOT to watch.

7. sdnoel says:

Well, I watched Melissa's show. It will not be on my list of shows to watch. With somewhere in the neck of the woods of 43 "Yummy's" and 53 references to "when she lived in France" she lost all her "instant credibilty" with me – the professional working mother who cooks every night – and probably everybody else on the planet. She really, really reminds me of Amy Findley. Don't need a gourmet next door – I wanted to learn something that I could actually do. It would take an act of Congress or a long holiday weekend for me to go through the trouble of making the torte and if you can buy bacon, butter, guyere, fresh thyme, and heavy cream (I don't count the potatoes – they are a staple) – for $10, I'll eat my hat.

Certainly a disappointment.

• Missi says:

Well I watched Melissa's show yesterday, which is in the time slot right after Sandra Lee's money saving meals, go figure. Now was it my imagination, or did Melissa cut up bacon on the cutting board, wipe her hands off on a towel, the proceed to make her pastry, turning it out on the SAME cutting board to shape up prior to rolling. If she washed her hands during this it must have been a very quick wash, because I must have blinked if she did.

• Sandra says:

I wondered about her putting the bacon on a wooden board in the first place – I thought you were supposed to use a non-porous surface for cutting proteins.

8. nora chamberlain says:

melissa should stay at home and take care of her children all she talk about is they help her in kitchen .can you see a one year cooking.i am very upset with ther choice . for my self i wont watch the show again

9. Lindy says:

I liked Melissa's show. I also watched Kelsey Nixon's show online. I liked her during last season's TNFNS. I'm glad to see her get a show. We'll be seeing Jeffery with his own show too.

10. Becky says:

Please stop making references to living in France!!! That got really tiring. Be the woman who won the title to be The Next Food Network Star. That's the Melissa we were rooting for!!!