Quick Poll!

by in View All Posts, August 24th, 2009

[poll id="14"]

It’s Thanksgiving Week, But You Still Need Dinner

Time is on your side with cut-to-the-chase recipes that get dinner on the table quick....

1. Lana says:

Fun poll, FN Dish!

Diners have an appeal because they are uniquely American and inspire a comforting nostalgia. So too Drive-ins, although they are becoming harder and harder to find. It seems drive-thru's took over the drive-in sometime in the70's.

Gimme a Dive any day. Walking into one without having had a recommendation is a risky maneuver – you never know what you're gonna get. But when you find a good one, it's a real find, a gem!

Want to find more great dives? Just ask touring musicians, comedians and bands! Haha. Diners, Drive-ins and Dives isn't a television viewing choice for them; it's a lifestyle. :-)

I'm not Guy's biggest fan, but Triple D is a great show. And I'm glad there're folks out there doing the research for us, so we'll know what dives to hit when we're on the road.

I do wonder, though, why it is DDD has missed all the great joints from Eastern Washington to North Dakota to the panhandle of Texas. Big void there!

C'mon Guy. The Rocky Mountain region awaits! Uh, yeah. Sure it's cold in the winter. Bring a coat! LMAO

• laura says:

I agree. I'm not a Guy fan at all, but I enjoy viewing all the food being prepared. I do feel like I need to go to the gym after watching an episode. I just wish they would get a different host that's not so 'in your face" loud and annoying.

2. Pat Carleson says:

I would LOVE for Guy to some to Myrtle Beach and try a few 'dives' I've been too! They might not look like much on the outside, but the 'out of the way' places the locals frequent are THE BEST!!

3. TucsonFoodie says:

Come to Tucson, Guy, that's all I have to say about that :-)

• Al from the swamp says:

Tucson is a great place for food. There's a website in his book where you can email places you'd like him to go. Mariscos Chihuahua on grand & Minidito on 4th were some we suggested. We have to fly back to Tucson from FL to get our fix every now and then.

4. louise says:

I can't stand Guy. I might watch the show except for two things:

1. Guy, he's annoying
    2. All the quick cuts. I'm old and I hate that kind of shooting. Unforturnately, so many shows are doing that now.