Star Finale Sneak Peek

by in View All Posts, View Video Only, July 27th, 2009

On the set of the finale, Noah Starr tries to find out who will be The Next Food Network Star.

[poll id=”9″]

Don’t Hog the Oven: Slow-Cooker Thanksgiving Sides

How do you make the rest of Thanksgiving dinner with that big bird sitting in the oven? Pick up the slack with set-it-and-forget-it recipes for slow-c...

1. Renee says:

I am hoping Jeffrey wins…I find Melissa very annoying, although I must admit that she has done a great job and has improved immensly…

2. ANGELA, HIALEAH,FL says:

Enter text right here! I LOOK AT MELISSA AND SEE SOMEONE BEGGING FOR THE JOB – BESIDES SHE IS TO HIPER. WHAT DO YOU THINK SUSIE?

3. hazel says:

….please, please, please replace "everday italian" with Melissa OR Jeff and do us all a favor…what with the teeth, the cleavage and her phony demeanor…what on earth are you thinking shoving her down our throats every day…..if we want italian, we can go to the "olive garden", which is probably where her husband goes anyway just to get away from her…………….sorry, but my feelings, i know, are shared by many, many people…..thanks………….p.s. now Mario………..THAT's italian………….

• irene says:

you're wrong! i don't think that giada is phony. she comes across as a really sweet and genuine person. maybe you can't relate to her because she has class and is cultured! jealousy rears it'sugly head!

• tina says:

thank God, it is refreshing to see someone feels the same for "everyday italian".

• Kat says:

..what with the teeth, the cleavage ——————-

Haven't you noticed Melissa's teeth and cleavage? Wow!

• Stephanie says:

Wow – mean, mean! I think Giada is cute and fabulous! Women should stick together! Good for her if she has a cute figure, great cleavage and a wonderful smile. If you don't like her, don't watch her – no need to be a hater…

And Melissa? She seems sweet but she doesn't have any appeal. She is a mom – so am I, a wife – so am I, cooking every night – me too, but I would never spend 30 minutes in her "kitchen".

4. Vermonter says:

Glad these two made the final. They each have different strengths (and weaknesses), so I have to say it is a tossup as to who would be better!

We'll watch eagerly on Sunday to see who wins, but we hope the "loser" may get a show,. too, as has happened before!

5. Vermonter says:

May I add that we continue to think some of the shows you have simply turn us off totally. Adam Gertler, for example, was a loser on a previous "Star" show and does NOT deserve to still be on your network! He is, to put it bluntly, an idiot and a jerk! "Drivers, Diners and Dives" also may be suitable for that "star", but we simply will not watch him stuff his mouth and generally act like a slob.

Please give us more people like Bobbie, Ina, and others who are actually chefs and not just obnoxious.

6. Sam says:

I think both contestants have weaknesses and strengths.
    Melissa has great food and is relatable…also she makes cooking look like fun. I personally think her bubbly personality is ANNOYING!! But you want to make her yummy food.
    Jeffery has a great personality. He acts like a real chef. I could imagine him entertaining or doind something like "Throwdown" because of his great entertainment. He is a real talented guy.
    Honestly, both deserve to be their… in these five years this has NEVER been so hard!

7. sandi Goldberg says:

well we not need melissa rather to have jeffery
    and should have given debbie a chance…..

• luvcookin says:

How much more of a chance would you have them give Debbie? She made it to the last three! And even then continued to lie right up until the end.

And please speak for yourself. I like Melissa and Jeffrey. Are you a grown up because your speech pattern makes you appear to be about 5.

• dona924 says:

raw food in now acceptable?????

• dona924 says:

I would rather have Melissa that Jeffery at least she didn't say she wanted to go home 2 or 3 weeks into the show. Where was his intergrity then? Oh was he scared? Melissa has worked her fingers off to show the world she can cook, so she made a few mistakes who has not.

8. Deb says:

I love them both — I don't know which one I would pick. (I'll be sad no matter which is eliminated). But when Debbie got eliminated, everyone in the house cheered!

9. cageiger says:

Love Ina, Guy, Tyler, Sandra and the like. They come across as very genuine folks. Their recipes and demos are great. I think Melissa would fit quite well with the above mentioned group. In my opinion, FN has too many chefs that specialize in high calorie items that I would never prepare, such as Paula, Big Daddy, Everyday Italian and so on. Jeffrey does not impress me at all. Good luck Melissa!

10. john says:

Melissa is intelligent, energetic and a bright spot to the normal lineup; Guy can go at any time – he is just sloppy; and Rachel needs to tone down the eye makeup – she is starting to look like a goth freak..