Ask Susie – Episode 7

by in View All Posts, July 17th, 2009

Susie’s vlog response to your Episode 7 questions is now posted! Go to: Susie’s Answers – Episode 7

****

Want to know what Susie really thought about The Next Food Network Star, Episode 7? Now you can ask her!

Susie will pick a few of the best questions entered in the comment section of this post and answer you directly via vlog next Friday, July 24.

- Watch Susie’s Answers – Episode 1
- Watch Susie’s Answers – Episode 2
- Watch Susie’s Answers – Episode 3
- Watch Susie’s Answers – Episode 4
- Watch Susie’s Answers – Episode 5
- Watch Susie’s Answers – Episode 6
- Watch Susie’s Answers – Episode 7

10 Best Restaurants to Follow on Instagram

While the joke of photographing food has come and gone, what remains is beautifully lit pictures of truly delicious dishes. And if the hipsters starte...

Comments (1,781)

1. Debby S. says:

I don't have a problem with Debbie being Korean. What I have a problem with are contestants who do not have intregrity. After the season debacle where the contestant "posed" as a military person, I think the FN should nip any sign of a person of questionable intregrity right away. Also, those that feel there is a constant need to remind people of their heritage are also insinutating (I feel) that those that are not, would not appreciate their ethnicticity. Food Network has a vast array of wonderfully diverse ethinic food shows. Debbie is lucky she stayed on so long.

2. SSherron says:

Who is Julia Child? You must be quite young. Julia was 'THE' tv chef. I'm not sure there would have been a food network if there had never been a Julia Child.

• Ronald says:

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA It is so lovely to be able to laugh at other poeples mistakes. And then I can tell you that I have done a similar thing with a steam iron I just bought, plugged it in and suddenly it smelled like melted plastic. I forgot to remove the protective plastic film.

• Ronald says:

• Mariko says:

At a local restaraunt, we had LITTERALLY just had our food plaecd in front of us when the tones went off. When we returned late at night, they not only offered to make our food again, but the manager picked up the tab. We left decent tips, which I would always do if we had a meal paid for.

• Mariko says:

3. MJenSmith says:

Why is it that all-too-often if someone voices a negative opinion about someone who happens to be of a race considered to be "minority", there are suddenly inferences of bigotry?! How did you get the notion that everyone "hates" Debbie "because she's Korean"?!!! Debbie is strongly disliked, no two ways about it, but her race plays no part in that. The fact that her constant mantra that "I'm Korean" – which often was irrelevant to what she was talking about – got old and came across as silly. Just as it would be if Melissa announced that she's Irish American (just throwing out any race here) each time, or Tamika threw out the fact that she's "African American" each time she cooked a meal. The real question is, are we supposed to have liked her simply because she's Korean – is that what the Politically Correct do? She had huge potential… unfortunately she had huge character flaws as well. Perhaps a stint in politics would suit her better.

• teresapay says:

Absolutely! I have read almost all the comments and never once saw an objection to Debbie actually BEING Korean, just how many times we heard her say it as a rational for her behavior or as her reason for using an ingredient, (instead of using the opportunity to educate us and tell us what that ingredient added to her dish), so WHY do people "read into" the objections, instead of actually READING the objections themselves. If we are truly ever going to be ONE nation, under God, INDIVISIBLE, we are going to have to STOP dividing ourselves by other cultures, and "settle" (or be Proud of) being American!

• Bird says:

WELL SAID!

4. timewarner says:

Why was Kelsey Nixon given a show???? The last time I watched. she lost!!!!!!! Now she has a show???? How did that happen???

5. Janice says:

Judges…you totally got it right this week! Debbie had to go!! I don't know how you are going to pick a winner…both Jeffrey and Melissa are wonderful. I am glad that #2 could possibly get a show too. Hey, maybe Melissa and Jeffrey could do a show together. They seem to get along marvelously.

6. Webster1 says:

I love Melissa. I want her to win!! I would watch her show. On the other hand, I would NOT watch Jeffrey.

7. Tina says:

I do not envy your decision in this last challenge it will be a difficult one. Each has a special talent this is just in my opinion. Moldable into an interesting show and although I could not taste there presentation there achievement, personality are a marketable commodity. They both seem to have that special something. Good luck in your deliberation. In addition, best wishes to Meslissa, Jeffrey, and all the Food Network Family.
    Sincerely,
    Tina

8. Gina Momary says:

I have a feeling that Melissa has played the sympathy card and with her being of the 'Mommy and Me' group, I'm getting a feeling that she is the winner. I'm really hoping that you will give Jeffrey a show, too, for those of us who would like to see a bit more relaxed way of cooking. Having no kids, I really have a hard time connecting to Melissa and her stories aren't what I want to hear on the Food Network. Give Melissa a show during the day but please give Jeffrey a show during the prime time when those of us who want to kick back after work, can enjoy a chef who will show us how to cook in a nice relaxed way. I'm so glad that Jeffrey knew better than to bring a sympathy story to the table. Melissa may win because she did, but Jeffrey showed me a bit more integrity. Come on…it's the Food Network for goodness sakes…not Dr. Phil.

9. Mihael Mcdonough says:

Suzie
    why did you and the judges send debbie home?

Michael

10. teresapay says:

Food Network is very active in charity work, both as a network, and with its individual chefs. For Example…Share Our Strength, Food Network's charity partner and the leading national organization dedicated to ending childhood hunger, has launched Operation No Kid Hungry, and Ace of Cakes star Duff Goldman is part of National Doodle Day, Celebrity doodles (including Duff's) were auctioned on eBay. The funds they raised will benefit NF, Inc., an organization dedicated to providing support to individuals and families affected by neurofibromatosis (NF), a genetic disorder that affects one in every 2,500 births, as well as many, many more.