Ask Susie – Episode 7

by in View All Posts, July 17th, 2009

Susie’s vlog response to your Episode 7 questions is now posted! Go to: Susie’s Answers – Episode 7

****

Want to know what Susie really thought about The Next Food Network Star, Episode 7? Now you can ask her!

Susie will pick a few of the best questions entered in the comment section of this post and answer you directly via vlog next Friday, July 24.

- Watch Susie’s Answers – Episode 1
- Watch Susie’s Answers – Episode 2
- Watch Susie’s Answers – Episode 3
- Watch Susie’s Answers – Episode 4
- Watch Susie’s Answers – Episode 5
- Watch Susie’s Answers – Episode 6
- Watch Susie’s Answers – Episode 7

25 Ways to Use Sauerkraut

Oktoberfest in Germany may have ended, but you can keep the celebrations going all month long. Sauerkraut, a traditional German fermented cabbage, isn...

Comments (1,781)

1. JEAN S, CLARY says:

WHY DOES THE NETWORK HAVE THESE COOK OFFS, ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE-WHEN YOU HAVE CHOSEN THE WINNER BEFORE HAND? I KNOW MELISSA WAS CHOSEN AS THE WINNER FOR THIS COMING SUNDAY.DEBBIE WAS A MUCH BETTER PERSON. MELISSA IS ALL MOUTH. IM SORRY BUT THAT;S MY OPENION. THANK YOU

2. sue says:

Susie,

Hi, How are you going to top this year, next season?

3. Evelyn says:

WOW! She is gone ! I jumped up and down in happiness. I thought I was going to have to write this channel off NOT!!!! IN all fairness we would like to see Korean or Thai cooking. That would be wonderful. Keeping that in mind, an honest person with integrity needs to fit that mold. Debbie was not even close. NOW we have a cook off !!! I am proud of you judges for doing the right thing . Better late than never. Good Job BOBBY

4. AvidSprklr says:

Marketability is the key word here! They have no other chef on this network that is her ethnicity.

5. joann says:

I really like Melissa- I think it would be great if in her show she would also bake–pastries, pies, cakes, cookies–she had wonderful crusts in the last episode, and not very many folks on FN take the time to bake–and if she knew how to make and bake a good artisan bread, so much the better

6. Rattle Snake says:

Jeffery seemed to be my favorite from early on. But Melissa became a favorite when she started showing spunk and beating the "better" chefs. While still liking Jeffery, and finding them of equal likeability I'm favoring Melissa now because she seems to be the underdog. Either way I'll be happy with either one winning.

7. geri carbone says:

On the Next Food Network Star-Melissa's stories about her family and mother are uneven. There's something bizaar about her.
    Does anyone have background checks?

8. Gina Momary says:

I just read Debbie's exit blog. Are you kidding me? She always 'laid her cards on the table'? She was dishonest and lacked integrity. She was correct in her comment that she made a profound statement. She showed us all another side of FN which a majority of viewers didn't care for. (As was shown by viewer voters). Watching that blog sent shivers down my spine…

9. FutureCook97 says:

Susie and Bob –
    I love Food Network, but my 10 year old daughter loves it more. She has been inspired to create recipes – edible and not – and has great interest in who will be the next FN star! (Her vote is for Melissa, by the way!).
    My question pertains to how FN uses all of its resources. Wouldn't it be cool if a portion of your proceeds could go to support local food banks or charities? Why not give back some of all the decadence in your shows by supporting hubgry people in other countries, or our own. I am sure there are all types of politics involved, but wouldn't that be awesome if all FN viewers knew that they were benefiting others besides themselves everytime they watched a program?? I think it would be AWESOME!!!

10. Mike and Amy says:

We are very glad to see Debbie go, she did not give you the warm and fuzzies, and she did not seem trust worthy. We have a problem with people who blame their downfalls on everyone else. With that said, HAVE YOU EVER CONSIDERED 2 WINNERS? There is a market for both of the finalist? My husband and I would watch both.
    They are both so different, but both have passion along with incredible talent!