Susie’s Answers – Episode 3

by in View All Posts, View Video Only, June 26th, 2009

[pickle url="http://my.foodnetwork.com/flshentrw.flash/cp20/VP/618966/1/16028346/16027869/1/1/1"]

- Submit Questions to Susie
- Read Episode 3 Viewer Questions
- Watch Susie’s Answers – Episode 1
- Watch Susie’s Answers – Episode 2
- Watch Susie’s Answers – Episode 4

Traditional Fried Chicken Flies the Coop in Favor of the Sweet and Spicy

There are few foods revered for their simplicity and nostalgia-inducing power like crispy, juicy fried chicken. But on Thursday night, 17 prominent Ne...

1. Dean says:

I feel that you’all act too much like you know it all. I also feel that you’all should not let people like Rachel RAY WHO JUST STARTED OUT HER SELF BE A JUDGE.I DO NOT THINK YOU AND bOBBY fLAY OR THE OTHER MAN that DOES THE JUDGING IS VERY GOOD. SO GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

2. Pattimarie says:

Please, please, please someone tell Melissa that Sandra Lee called and wants her personality back – Melissa just wants to make me want to throw up in mouth every time she is on! I find her to be more irritating than nails being poked in my eyes! Bob said that they are looking for someone who will keep a viewer returning… ain’t gonna happen with Melissa. I can’t repeat it enough – she just gets more irritating each week.

And yes, we all know that Debbie is Koren – give it a break already!!!! Thank God that Bobby FINALLY called her out on it! Who gives a damn? She definitely wouldn’t pull me back into a program with her hosting it! I can’t understand why the judges keep letting her slide.

I do have agree with the judges and their decision to finally let Katie go. She just didn’t have what it takes. She kept serving raw food and her personality was like cardboard.

I still like Michael – he has flair! Jamika was so totally sad this week.

And finally, my man Jeffrey… I still think he is the one to beat. He is constant and steady. He has a solid personality and it’s just too bad that he was teamed up with Jamika for the challenge. I totally agree with Susie that Jamika could have jumped in rather than just stand there like a lump.

3. Lucy says:

I think Melissa is too full of herself and has no modesty about herself or her cooking. We need someone who can relate to the audience and I think she CANNOT. She makes me want to throw up!

4. Ingrid says:

Thank you for giving Jamika the benefit of the doubt – she just “jammed up” which happens now and then to the best of us sometimes – especially in a high-pressure situation. But please let Michael go – it’s to hard having to watch him with his tatoos, weird hair, earrings and goofiness.

And yes, Jeffrey seems the most “put together” but surely took the spotlight away from his partner on Rachel Ray’s show.

5. Maria Gutierrez says:

Jeffrey y Michael son los mejores. Como espectador uno se queda con los deseos de verlos mas tiempo en la TV. Jamika debe irse, lo mismo con Melissa (quien quiere hacerse pasar como la mas que sabe solo porque es ama de casa!), Debbie parece interesante pero no lo logra transmitir.

6. DebbySue says:

Katie got robbed!!! She was far, far, better than Jamika; camera wise, knowledge wise, personality wise and likabilty wise. Why are you all keeping Jamika? She does not have the confidence or authority to be a Food Network Star. Katie may not have ended up the Star, but she so deserved another shot. . . J. failed miserably.

7. Rappitemom says:

I have watched every episode of this year’s challenge, and I can’t believe that Melissa is still there! I get the distinct feeling that behind that seemingly sweet smile, lurks a woman who would turn on you and rip you to shreds if you crossed her! I’m really surprised none of you has picked up on that. As for who I think should win – I believe both Jamika and Jeffrey have qualities that would definitely make an enjoyable program. Debbie seems to be a little too condescending to her fellow contestants.

8. Barbara says:

I watched the show tonight and have to agree with your decision to let Kate go. She just didn’t have it! Michael NEEDS to be next to go. He is repulsive at best! I couldn’t stand to watch him for a minute. Too over the top, and dirty looking. I think either Melissa or Jeffrey should win. I really like her, and she doesn’t have Sandra Lee’s personality. Can’t figure out why people wouldn’t like her. Jeffrey is very pleasant and has a sweetness about him. I could watch him regularly. Debbie is ok, but I don’t think I could watch her long-term. Jamika is cute, but I don’t think she should make it either. I wonder who won? Guess I’ll have to wait and find out…..
    Thank you for answering the question about Amy Finley. I wondered what happened to her. I really liked her. Too bad.

9. luvcookin says:

Umm. Do the recent posters realize that they are posting on Episode 3 and we are on Episode 5?

10. Kathy says:

I agree with you, Barbara. The best two are Jeffrey and Melissa. I would watch them any day. But even after Michael admitted he was looking into the face of hell when he looked into a camera, they STILL kept him! And Jamika shut down on Rachael Ray’s show – it wasn’t Jeffrey’s fault that she got flustered. COME ON, people! And I’m sick of Debbie playing her Korean race card every episode. Why not have a blind taste test and have them make dishes, solo that is, and then see who wins the next competition to make it truly a fair contest?