Susie’s Answers – Episode 1

by in View All Posts, View Video Only, June 15th, 2009

[pickle url="http://my.foodnetwork.com/flshentrw.flash/cp20/VP/612966/1/15978360/15975519/1/1/1"]

Read Episode 1 Viewer Questions
- Watch Ask Susie – Episode 2

- Watch Ask Susie – Episode 3

10 Best Restaurants to Follow on Instagram

While the joke of photographing food has come and gone, what remains is beautifully lit pictures of truly delicious dishes. And if the hipsters starte...

1. elle says:

Covert betrayal and overt betrayal = betrayal. I beg to differ, most of us would do the right thing… and when the heat is on, that's when our true self comes out. They both have character issues. This is a competition..we are suppose to "judge" them on their character, personality and performance. Both were self serving, self promoting, obnoxious behavior. The only difference is Brett paid the consequence.

Debbie did not.

2. forkready says:

I agree with Honey White about Debbie. Not sure if I would have acted any different under the stress of a competition. We all say & do things in the heat of the battle that does not reflect how we truly are. So give Debbie a chance. I think Brets smarmy attack on Melissa was WAY WORSE than what Debbie did. Bret’s was a calculated purposeful move to hurt a fellow contestant. I don’t think anything Debbie said or did was calculated or meant to do harmm. She was simply self preserving as most of us would do. So get over Debbie already!

3. Steve says:

Susie, i thought you to harsh when u cut Melissa off while Brett was throwing her under the bus

4. Leslie Davison says:

Well, about Debbie, when I saw her choose the pre-baked angle food cake she was ‘toast.’ However, most of us were wrong. She not only sabotaged her crew, made a bad choice….then lied! I personally don’t like her, wouldn’t watch her, as others have said. She is not interesting, facinating or whatever you want to call her.
    She needs to go with the first mistake she makes, let someone else who is honest and will do the best for the team have a chance.

5. Nikki says:

Hi. My question is about Brett. Was the decision to send him home based on what he did to Melissa in the evaluation room? Because if it was I think it was a good one. It seemed like he set her up. I know the show is done being taped and a winner has already been chosen, but I hope Katie goes soon-there is already a dietician on FN that I try to avoid watching, and you don’t need another! Thanks!

6. Vanjie says:

I really think the viewers should be able to vote for the next food network star. Use the Dancing with the Stars process. The judges can give them a score for “taste” and the audience can vote for “viewer appeal”. Average out the votes and call it a day. I also agree with most of these comments regarding Debbie. I will not watch if she wins. Even though she was top 3 this week, she came in 3rd for in the weekly poll on who should have been eliminated. Not the making of the next food network star!

7. TEISHA says:

IS ANYBODY GOING TO CONGRATULATE JAMIKA ON WINNING THE CHALLENGE. I LIKE HER BECAUSE SHE IS CUTE, WARM, FRIENDLY, AND THE GIRL CAN COOK. SHE IS JUST WHAT THE NETWORK NEEDS. SHE IS SPICY JUST HER FOOD. SHE IS THE BEST DRESSED CONTESTANT ON THE SHOW AND THE BEST LOOKING SMILE BY FAR. I KNOW SHE WILL GO FAR IN THIS COMPETITION AND IN LIFE. DONT HATE ON HER!

8. skippy says:

The few minutes that i watched this show i will never get back !!. I don`t know what food network is thinking …but man these people are wimps and i can`t belive some of them are in the corporate world ??? what a bunch of babies , try saving someone from foreclosure all day and then go home and take care of your own family. NOT THE REAL WORLD FOOD NETWORK !!!

9. gpg says:

I can not stand Debbie and if food network picks her as a winner we all who can not stand her should boycott the entire channel. If the network does not have enough respect to listen to their viewers I think we should not watch them. Thus they will not have any advertising and realize their poor decisions adn not listing to the public and their customers are unacceptable. The ecomomy is terrible right now and we should all use companies that we feel are representative of class, integrity and honesty. With the FN keeping Debbie I just dont think so and i Will NOT EVER watch her show and possibly even food network or my favorite show personalities anymore bc of my lack of respect for FN

10. Rhonda from Texas says:

First, let me say that I absolutely love the Food Network. It is just about all I watch on Tv. Secondly, Susie, I would like to thank you for allowing the viewers the opportunity to make comments and you answer them. It gives the viewing public a bit of “ownership” and creats a feeling of being involved and a part of the show ! Being from the south, food is a large part of our life and culture, and I love food and cooking. I have learned so much in the past few years, watching the various shows on the Food Network !! Now, about the first episode, I am sorry to say this, but I have to agree with the majority, even if Debbie has an “entertaining” personality, if you know that she is capable of deceipt, then you are not going to be able to trust her as person you want to learn from, and that is what I enjoy most from watching the Food Network, learning new ideas, preparations, and diversities of food. But if Debbie did win and was to have a show , I would not feel comfortable learning from her. You want to be able to trust and believe in your teacher or mentor , and I would not be able to do that with her. Now, about episode 2. I am completely in agreement with eliminating Brett. I agree with most viewers that he purposely attacked Melissa, and it was completely unwarranted and most of all very cruel. Well, that is it,,thank you for your time, and for the great shows on the Food Network !!