Oh, Shoot!

by in View All Posts, June 4th, 2009

billboard11

No need to crane your neck, I did that for ya. While walking to work this morning, I spotted the 22′W x 30′H billboard featuring The Next Food Network Star right next to our Food Network offices in Chelsea Market. After initially shaking off the fact that I was not invited to the photo shoot (throat clear), I dug deep and found some (perhaps a bit scandoulous) photos that didn’t make it into the final cut, as well as a few great tid-bits on how the billboard came to be…

To amp up the energy, the photographer split the finalists up into boys only and girls only, with either set egging on the other. They had Beyonce and Lady Gaga blasting in the background, which got all the finalists dancing and playing. Here are some of my favorite cutting room floor shots that didn’t get used:

guys2

girls1

guys1

girls2

While goofing off, it was discovered that Jeffrey (who, hello ladies, said on his NFNS audition tape: melissasplits “other then marrying my wife, I’ve never been so sure about anything,” Swoon), Melissa, and of course Katie (former gymnast) can all do the splits on command.

I may not be able to do gymnastics, but I sure like to dance. I’m thinking for the next NFNS photo shoot, the SC should be there to lend a twirling hand.

Here’s to eating well
Secretary Confidential

Restaurant Hosts Colonial Feast for Thanksgiving and Other Historical Meals

The menu will include slabs of venison, root vegetables, dark rye, succotash and hasty pudding for dessert....

1. Gina says:

HOW FUN!!!!! I enjoy seeing them as relaxed, real people!! MORE PLEASE!!!

2. G.P. says:

but gina, can they cook?

3. Pearl says:

I like the big guy with the green striped shirt.

4. Sam Pinkston says:

Why didn’t the photographer choose these for the actual commericals? Theya re better.

5. Michael Hayes says:

They should have had a food fight. Thanks for the skinny SC.

6. S Conn says:

The goofy photos are very cute and say much more than the final ad.I’ve never seen the show are you a fan?
    I love cooking shows.

7. josie says:

They look like part of the photo shoot included eating some very special brownies

8. Robin Koury says:

Looks like by time the photo shoot took place all of the NFNS were completely at ease in front of the camera and were having a great time. I always find the behind the scenes information incredibly interesting. I’ve often wondered how stars/models keep their energy level up during a long photo shoot…Now I know Beyonce! Thanks for the inside scoop SC…Next time you must insist on attending the photo shoot (with or without invitation) LOL!