Aunt Sandy is Taking Questions

by in View All Posts, June 20th, 2009

sandralee

The FN Dish will be interviewing the beautifully frugal Sandra Lee this Monday, June 22. All of you readers came up with such great questions for our interview with Ted Allen, so we’re opening the doors to you once again!

Stuck planning your July 4th celebration? Need some money-saving advice for your next picnic? Post all of your questions for Sandra Lee in the comments, and we’ll pick a few to ask her on Monday!

Top 10 Recommended Eats from the North: On the Road with America’s Best Cook

On America’s Best Cook, Sundays at 9|8c, home cooks battle it out for the chance to win the title of America’s Best Cook, all while repres...

1. Christy says:

Hi, Sandra! I have a bunch of ladies coming over just after 4th of July for a candle party… should be fun, and I know I need some snacks. I want to do something a little better than chips and salsa, but the lady has made it clear that the party won’t last real long, so I don’t want to spend more time preparing food than the party actually lasts! I need some quick and easy ideas for a salt and a sweet that can go with my red, white, and blue table decorations. Help! :)

2. Robin Koury says:

Love Sandra's new show! I think it is certainly timely given the current economic climate, plus who doesn't want to save money. I'm wondering when saving money is the primary focus of your show where do you look for inspiration when creating your dishes. The dishes look and taste terrific, thanks for sharing!!

3. mike says:

How do you justify the vast difference between the previous show and this one??

I chop my own onions, not buy the frozen ones. I chop my own garlic, not the jarred version. Whipping real cream is cheaper than Cool Whip ??? Give me a break!

The show may have relevance to the times, but you just have lost all sense of credibility Sandra. Someone steered you down the wrong path this time for sure.

mike in alabama

4. Shosham says:

I want to know if Sandra could only splurge on one thing for her own July 4th party, which would it be: Food, Decorations, or Cocktails?

5. Kaledonia says:

I really love your new show, find it truly inspiring, the tips you offer are practical, useful and very smart. Congratulations and thank you for bringing us such a good show.

6. Ammie says:

How is it that you have 2 different commercials, one where you didn’t know where your next meal was coming from and the other was you loved entertaining as a child?

7. Carrol says:

I would love to know what you recipe for your AlPurpose Rub is. I have your recipe for your Cherry Cole Glazed Spare Ribs but I don’t have your all-purpose rub. Please my I have it sent to me. Thank you so very much.

8. Peter says:

Why do you substitute coconut milk for heavy cream when it has more calories, more fat and more saturated fat (the bad kind)? Is your health really worth the extra couple cents?

9. Chrissy says:

I would love to know the recipe for your All-Purpose Rub. My mother has her heart set on having your Cherry Cola Glazed Spare Ribs for her birthday and I want to make it for her but do not have your rub. Please let me know the ingredients so that I can surprise her with this dish on her birthday! Thanks

10. Kathy Rogers says:

Where did you get that great onion chopper on Money Saving Tips-Feeding a Crowd show? I would appreciate knowing because I hate hand chopping onions.

Thank you.