Ask Susie – Episode 4

by in View All Posts, June 26th, 2009

Want to know what Susie really thought about The Next Food Network Star, Episode 4? Now you can ask her!

After you watch Episode 4 THIS Sunday, 9pm/8c, write all of your burning questions in the comments section within this post! Susie will pick a few of the best questions and answer you directly via vlog next Friday, July 3.

- Watch Susie’s Answers – Episode 1
- Watch Susie’s Answers – Episode 2

- Watch Susie’s Answers – Episode 3

Restaurant Hosts Colonial Feast for Thanksgiving and Other Historical Meals

The menu will include slabs of venison, root vegetables, dark rye, succotash and hasty pudding for dessert....

1. Lori says:

Jengi – I agree with you totally.

If Jamika comes out the winner here, I smell a dirty rat on part of the Food Network as the expression goes. Jamika is not real as is Debbie.

2. suzann says:

Love watching FN. for years now, Lately haven’t watched too much, MY favs are ACE OF CAKES AND GUY FIERI, ALL other shows have become boring! I guess you won’t find another guy f. or Duff this season. The only won i would had to my dvr would be JEFFEREY, please not MELISSA OR DEBBIE, BORING !!!!!
    ALSO: I SEE KELSEY OR WHATEVER HER NAME IS GETTING HER OWN SHOW, HOW DID THAT HAPPEN SHE WILL NOT LAST EITHER.
    GOOD LUCK !

3. Lori says:

What is so amazing here, the majority of us feel the same way towards the “Next Food Network Star” whoever he or she may be.

Why the judges do not see it this way, beats me.

4. Paula says:

I have to agree for the most part with everything said-however, THIS last episode, although I agree Katie had to go, Jamika really deserved to go home more-she is getting hard to watch-there’s nothing there, except maybe she’s cute- She blew it big time, but because BOB seems to be totally infatuated, she stays-
    Michael blew it as well, and if he doesn’t lose his camera phobia and insecurities, he needs to go as well, which will be sad since he is definitely a great chef, and fun to watch when not all consumed with the camera and himself.
    Jeffery is BORING and doesn’t ring true-sorry all you Jeffery fans, including my son-
    If anyone, with ALOT of help, Michael is your guy!

5. Lori says:

And who will go home tonight??

If Debbie or Jamika stays, I’ll eat my chef’s hat! LOL.

6. Tanja says:

I can’t believe you sent Michael home……..I really believe it should have been Debbie, hands down!!!!!!!! Michael might not be “friends” with the camera, but you had the same concerns with Big Daady last season and he ended up winning and I thing he is doing great! Lately debbie focuses only on herself, sureeeeeeeee if u only focus on 2 dishes and they happen to be your own, u have a lot more time to make them special, while the kitchen burns down around everyone else. Michael was never boring, a little overbubbly at times, but you never knew what to expect with him.
    Also love Jamika.
    From the very 1st episode I was hopin either jamika or Michael would win, just because of their Personalities. I know it Debbie wins it will be a show we will never watch over here. At this point, every time we see her face on screen we all just want to slap her. The nice Personality she had the 1st few shows has vanished, so that seems to have just been an act, while Michael, Jamika and Melissa have been themselves the whole time.
    Melissa is great, but there is already a lot of shows like the ones she would most likely have, michaels woulda definately been diffrent, and when Jamika smiles and bubbles over her personality you can’t help but smile even on a rotten day. If you bring anyone back for a second chance as in the past I think it should definately be Michael. He is so open and funny I think he would do just as good as Big Daddy

7. Lori says:

As I said above, I ate my chef’s hat.

Two people could have been sent home last night Debbie and if Michael would have stopped saying he was not comfortable in front of the camera, that might have saved him.

Jeffrey was so-so.

Jamika made a comment when they were given the task assignment about “working as a team.” It was obvious she did not like that idea. Seems she wants it her way and not to involve herself cooking with the others. I would not miss her if she is sent home as well.

In my opinion Melissa came out strong, and delivered.

8. Christine Michuta says:

Hi Susie,
    I am so glad to see that there are other people out there that have stopped watching Rachel and Giada and Alton Brown because of how condescending they have been towards contestants. I am starting to get a bad taste in my mouth with Bobby also. Is it really necessary to act as if the contestants are beneath them. Just because they have a show doesn’t mean they are a better person or should act in a demeaning manner towards other people.

9. Rita DiLeo says:

I realize that Debbie may be a talented cook, unfortunately she cannot be trusted and appears to always have an excuse… Really, would you forget the capers if you were trying to get your own show??? That dumb look, I forgot is way too old now…. the judges are too smart to fall for her excuses, right???

10. Belle says:

Apparently the judges do not care about the public's opinion. They pick who they like. I don't like Debbie & no one else that I know likes her. I hope the judes like to watch a lot of cook shows, since they will be th only one watching, I certainly will never watch her. She showed what she was when she lied about not going over her budget.