Ask Susie – Episode 3

by in View All Posts, June 19th, 2009

Want to know what Susie really thought about The Next Food Network Star, Episode 3? Now you can ask her!

Thank you for all your submitted questions)! Comments are now CLOSED for this week’s “Ask Susie” Episode 3. Click on the links below to watch Susie’s Answers to your questions.

- Watch Susie’s Answers – Episode 1
- Watch Susie’s Answers – Episode 2
- Watch Susie’s Answers – Episode 3

Los Angeles Cafe Creates Edible Coffee Cup

For millennia, mankind has gazed at the heavens and wondered why coffee cups were made from plaster and ceramic, rather than edible foodstuffs. After ...

1. Lynn says:

I am saddened that an immoral, deceitful man is still under consideration for any position with the Food Network, let alone one that will influence millions of viewers. My daughter and I used to drool and dream as we watched your show, but I think we both lost a little hard won innocence this evening.

2. Margaret O'Connor says:

I think you should have sent Eddie and Teddy home. Maybe that would screw up your schedule? I mostly wonder why, after going through all this work to select a new Food Network Start, you don’t seem to give the winners an opportunity to succeed. I remember your first competition was won by two guys who had a catering company in Chicago (Hardy Boys or Hearty Boys maybe?) They were charming and fun and after the won, I could never find their show on the air. Same with the winner Amy, who I rellay liked a lot – did she ever even get a show? Yet some winners, and other stars, are on CONSTANTLY like Rachael Ray and Giada and Bobby and the Guy Fieri. I really like Tyler Florence and have trouble finding his shows too. And Michael Chiarello. As to who is left now, there are only two I could stand to see week after week (if indeed you give them a show!), and they are Jamika and Jeffrey. The rest don’t connect like those two do. You must know that.

3. Pegster says:

FN HAS SOME ‘SPLAININ’ TO DO! A “Next FN Star” participant was admonished by Tyler Florence (Mr. Dream Boat!) for proposing to make a reduction of a marinade. Tyler said that was not a safe process, yet Alton Brown’s recipe for Molasses Coffee Marinated Pork Chops contained that very same process. Please ‘SPLAIN!

4. Regina says:

I really enjoy TNFNS drama and all. I find this interesting, and I do pick up a few cooking tips. The judges’ jobs are the toughest of all — Judging talented people, coping with contestants’ emotions, making a decision, and handling the public’s reactions. Keep up the good work.

5. Regina says:

Here’s my question – Just how many hours (?) does it take to render a decision for each challenge?

6. patty says:

Susie,

It’s appears that Debbie may have already been selected to be the next FN star. However, won’t she be a marketing nightmare concerning her dishonest behavior?

How will you or her co-workers ever be able to trust her? I know there was a problem with Robert Irving but he just lied about his experience and as far as I know, he didn’t throw anyone under the bus or appear as slimy and sleazy as Debbie seems.

If indeed Debbie is the next FN Star, I think FN will suffer a major blow to their credibility. I understand sometimes skeletons are unearthed but you know this women’s character prior to employment. How will you explain her dishonesty and lack of integrity to your loyal viewers?

I just watched Top Chef Masters’s lat night and their respect for their fellow contestants was awe- inspiring. If it’s true that chefs have a self-proclaimed superior sense of integrity within their profession, where does Debbie fit in? Won’t her contemporaries rebuff her?

7. patty says: