Fish tacos at the ball park?

by in View All Posts, View Video Only, May 26th, 2009

Food Network is taking on Yankee Stadium; we sent Noah Starr to see how we’re faring.

SPEAK UP:
Are mahi-mahi fish tacos and frickles breaking ball park food tradition or just improving on the classics?

MLB Footage Courtesy of MLB.com

Top 10 Recommended Eats from the North: On the Road with America’s Best Cook

On America’s Best Cook, Sundays at 9|8c, home cooks battle it out for the chance to win the title of America’s Best Cook, all while repres...

1. Amber says:

Mahi may be too much, fried pickles? Bring them on! A ballpark classic waiting to happen!

2. Gina says:

I disagree with Amber…. i would eat fish tacos at a ball game anyday!!!…. That duck pizza could be another story thogh….

3. CT says:

You sent Noah to see how you are *faring.*

Unless you are trying to create a fair-like atmosphere at the ballpark–maybe then you’d be *fairing.*

4. David F. says:

I could go for a pretzel dog.

5. Allyson says:

Not sure about these frickles. something about it grosses me out. What kind of cheese do you put on the burgers there?

6. M.P.D says:

Is it just me in thinking that plain hot dogs and ice cream cones are the only right way to eat at the ballpark?

7. Lana says:

I’m kind of with MPD on fancy ballpark fare – gimme dogs, peanuts n beer please, plenty of mustard, thank you. On the other hand, I had the most scrumptious seared ahi tuna sandwich late night at a San Diego biker’s bar a few weeks ago – grilled right there before me by a great big man in a black chef’s coat. (this place should be on DDD! totally a “who’d a thunk” kind of culinary experience.) Anyway, I found the juxtaposition of fancy food at a dive a real treat! And I suppose I can imagine fancy food a ball game something of a treat too.

8. Chris says:

I would have thought the Stadium would have had New York-inspired fare, but that appears to be the only culinary inspiration not borrowed from. The pizza is Provencal, Chinese Food, Tacos are either SoCal or Floribbean, Frickles are a staple in any Southern comfort food restaurant, at least the hamburger is All-American.

9. jenn says:

i went and have to say the fish tacos were out of this world! so good! and the chinese noodles were good too. as a “foodie,” i appreciate ballparks branching out. it’s not like they’re doing away with the peanuts and dogs. overall, i think it enhances the entire experience! you can never go wrong with delicious!

10. Barb in Austin says:

Fish tacos! Bring it! Grilled or fried with crunchy slaw and fresh salsa garnish…would make a great alternative to the traditional fare. Easy to hold and eat too if wrapped or put in a cardboard cone!