Fish tacos at the ball park?

by in View All Posts, View Video Only, May 26th, 2009

Food Network is taking on Yankee Stadium; we sent Noah Starr to see how we’re faring.

SPEAK UP:
Are mahi-mahi fish tacos and frickles breaking ball park food tradition or just improving on the classics?

MLB Footage Courtesy of MLB.com

10 Best Restaurants to Follow on Instagram

While the joke of photographing food has come and gone, what remains is beautifully lit pictures of truly delicious dishes. And if the hipsters starte...

1. Amber says:

Mahi may be too much, fried pickles? Bring them on! A ballpark classic waiting to happen!

2. Gina says:

I disagree with Amber…. i would eat fish tacos at a ball game anyday!!!…. That duck pizza could be another story thogh….

3. CT says:

You sent Noah to see how you are *faring.*

Unless you are trying to create a fair-like atmosphere at the ballpark–maybe then you’d be *fairing.*

4. David F. says:

I could go for a pretzel dog.

5. Allyson says:

Not sure about these frickles. something about it grosses me out. What kind of cheese do you put on the burgers there?

6. M.P.D says:

Is it just me in thinking that plain hot dogs and ice cream cones are the only right way to eat at the ballpark?

7. Lana says:

I’m kind of with MPD on fancy ballpark fare – gimme dogs, peanuts n beer please, plenty of mustard, thank you. On the other hand, I had the most scrumptious seared ahi tuna sandwich late night at a San Diego biker’s bar a few weeks ago – grilled right there before me by a great big man in a black chef’s coat. (this place should be on DDD! totally a “who’d a thunk” kind of culinary experience.) Anyway, I found the juxtaposition of fancy food at a dive a real treat! And I suppose I can imagine fancy food a ball game something of a treat too.

8. Chris says:

I would have thought the Stadium would have had New York-inspired fare, but that appears to be the only culinary inspiration not borrowed from. The pizza is Provencal, Chinese Food, Tacos are either SoCal or Floribbean, Frickles are a staple in any Southern comfort food restaurant, at least the hamburger is All-American.

9. jenn says:

i went and have to say the fish tacos were out of this world! so good! and the chinese noodles were good too. as a “foodie,” i appreciate ballparks branching out. it’s not like they’re doing away with the peanuts and dogs. overall, i think it enhances the entire experience! you can never go wrong with delicious!

10. Barb in Austin says:

Fish tacos! Bring it! Grilled or fried with crunchy slaw and fresh salsa garnish…would make a great alternative to the traditional fare. Easy to hold and eat too if wrapped or put in a cardboard cone!