Everything’s Coming Up Daisy’s

by in View All Posts, April 17th, 2009

Click picture to enlarge!

Hello, FN Dishers!

So, I always thought I’d spot my dream home while flipping through Better Home and Gardens. Imagine my shock when I came across it last week on a trip “to get the mail” (wink, wink). I just happened to stumble onto the new Viva Daisy! set. Oops!

Man, is this set palatial! A real home away from home that inspires some serious envy. And there it is on a sound stage in Chelsea. Believe me, in this city, the average Jane’s apartment serves up the bedroom, kitchen and living room as an all-in-one combo (read: an itty-bitty studio). This set, however, could easily house a family of five.

What I drooled over the most:
1) The foyer. Find me the Manhattanite that can define such a word.
2) Forget a walk-in closet, this baby has a walk-in pantry! All the food stacked on these shelves is edible and aching for a midnight raid.
3) An island. Ahh, better than sandy crystal-clear beaches, the extra counterspace (topped with marble) is a kitchenista’s dream!

So, which FN kitchen would you die to have? Think big and let me know. You know my vote: Viva Daisy! Here’s to eating well!

Yours truly,
Secretary Confidential

P.S. Daisy has a great website and blog. Check it out!

10 Best Restaurants to Follow on Instagram

While the joke of photographing food has come and gone, what remains is beautifully lit pictures of truly delicious dishes. And if the hipsters starte...

1. Lisa Venn says:

Would it be asking too much for a virtual tour? I felt those pics were tantalizing! I tried to enlarge the view so I could really scope it out. I guess I am really into the sneaky, secretive poking around that you have been doing. I feel like I am in on a clandestine mission waiting for something BIG to be revealed before others find out. What will it be SC, what will it be?

2. Sherrie says:

I agree with Lisa’s comment. Let’s see a virtual tour of this palatial kitchen. Can’t see anything from these pictures. It sounds too good to miss.

3. Secretary Confidential says:

Hi Lisa and Sherrie! You guys were totally right – the picture was way too tiny to do any worth while poking around. I’ve re-uploaded a bigger version, so you can click on the picture for a much larger, detailed view now! Thanks!!

4. Lana says:

SC, you totally rock. :)

5. eleanor says:

What is a foyer? ;)

I will agree with you SC….a walk-in pantry is definitely a huge factor in my dream kitchen!

6. Denise says:

Thanks for uploading the larger pictures, SC. I want this kitchen! The layout is great, design is beautiful. I just need to figure out how to rebuild my tiny house to fit around this great kitchen. :)

7. Robin Koury says:

Alright…Viva Daisy’s kitchen it totally to die for! It’s bright, spacious and cheerful. Needless to say I’m totally jealous! However, I think my favorite and perhaps the kitchen that most reflects my personality is Rachael Ray’s. I adore the retro look and funky appliances and of course all of the funky dishes. Plus I’m a sucker for anything green and orange!

8. DG says:

I can not wait for the return of “VIVA DAISY’. Thank you so much FN for bringing this brilliant chef and her show back on for another season. Only request: More than 6 episodes soon please!

9. Janet Adams says:

I LOVE the basket weave-look kitchen tiles in Daisy's studio kitchen. Any ideas on where I can find it? I have shopped around my rather large city and I cannot find it. Who is the maker of the tiles?

10. Sharon Baugh says:

I just redid my kitchen with Wintercloud Marble. I am pretty sure this kitchen is Wintercloud also. Am I right?[polldaddy 5762045 http://answers.polldaddy.com/poll/5762045/ polldaddy]