Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Most New Yorkers are showing their Irish spirit by marching through the streets of the city and sampling beer & food from various pubs. The FN team is here and enjoying a Green Bagel & Irish Soda Bread Breakfast put together by our Employee Activities Committee – so we are all very excited!
In honor of today, here are some traditional foods to try:
1. COLCANNON – Mashed potatoes with onions and greens. Get creative – my favorite combination includes red skin potatoes (mashed with skins), sauteed kale & onion, and a bit of garlic.
2. BOXTY – A mixture of raw and cooked potatoes.
3. IRISH STEW – This particular recipe from our FN Test Kitchen inclues lamb and goat cheese.
4. CORNED BEEF & CABBAGE – Paula Deen’s fast and delicious recipe.
5. CURACH – An Irish dessert consisting of toasted oats, whiskey, raspberries, and whipped cream (how can you go wrong?!).
What are you cooking up for St. Patrick’s Day?
I hope you have a fabulous day!
Kendra, Operation Foodie