Special Guest Star

by in View All Posts, March 19th, 2009

He may not be your idea of a Food Network star, but I can bet that when he makes his debut alongside his human companion, Claire Robinson, on the new series 5 Ingredient Fix, he will be taking the food world by storm.  Ladies and gentleman, introducing…Newman the Wonder Dog!!!

This little French bulldog is the special guest for a French-inspired meal on Claire’s upcoming new series, which focuses on recipes that require only 5 ingredients or fewer.  Check back here on The FN Dish, March 30, for a sneak peek at Claire and the new show, then tune in starting Saturday, April 4 at 9:30am/8:30c for the premiere….If you listen closely you might even hear some doggie snoring in the background!

~ Fay, Programming

Restaurant Hosts Colonial Feast for Thanksgiving and Other Historical Meals

The menu will include slabs of venison, root vegetables, dark rye, succotash and hasty pudding for dessert....

1. Lana says:

Two off-topic questions for FN Dish:
    *Where’s Bruce?!? Haven’t seen him here for ages!
    *Is the auto-start of videos going to continue permanently? My opinion: it’s kind of annoying.

Fay, 5 Ingredient Fix sounds … interesting … and probably describes the majority of my family meals over the past 10 years. I’m sure foodies will rail against the over-simplistic approach to cooking, so I can only hope that Ms. Robinson brings out the very best of each ingredient with helpful information and tips.

I’m a bit curious about the dog though, and am unclear on exactly how Newman the Wonderdog plays into the show? Guess I’ll have to tune in to find out, eh?

2. Robin Koury says:

I am very excited to see the premiere of Claire Robinson’s 5 Ingredient Fix! Although, I think I might be even more psyched for Newman the four-paw foodie. I wonder how long little Newman had to spend in “fur” and makeup to get camera ready! In all seriousness, I think the 5 Ingredient Fix is perfect for these time and budget stressed – difficult economic times. Like Lana, when I actually stopped to think about it most of my meals hover around the 5-7 ingredient mark as well. After reading Claire’s FN biography it’s easy to see that she truly has a passion for food. Looking forward to the premiere!!

3. The FN Dish says:

LANA – Bruce is coming back!! You’ll see him on the April 13th video we’re doing on the creation of a Food Network set. Very cool stuff.

Thanks for noticing the autoplay…and I’m happy to report that we’ve turned it off!

ROBIN/LANA – I’m convinced that Claire is going to be a hit. Claire’s show is so timely, she really knows her culinary techniques, she tests/re-tests/cross-tests her recipes so that they’re reliable, she’s super friendly, AND she has a cute dog who makes guest appearances. What more could you ask for? In my opinion, she’s the perfect combo of Ina Garten, Rachael Ray, and Giada. Can’t wait to hear what you think of her!

4. Lana says:

Haha. Well let Bruce know I’ve been missing him, won’t you? ;-) Saw him doing a bit at Chelsea After Dark, exchanged a few words; I think he’s adorable and obviously a kind man.

Noticed the auto-play was back off again. Thank you, thank you! The FN Dish pages load faster now.

And I am eager for Claire’s show – I’ve been seeing the commercials, which are great btw, and I agree that it looks like a timely show with the kind of attention to minimal ingredients I was hoping for and have come to expect from your programming. I hope Claire introduces herself here and makes a few comments so we can welcome her.

5. Pat says:

Being a grandmother of 8 I was very interested in this offering, however, a quick count revealed only a bakers dozen recipes that were not SWEETS ! One even had wine in the ingredient list. Some with peanuts (prohibited at all schools in Ca.) Duh, what kid doesn’t like cookies ? Who ever put this list togeather either is not a parent or has not noticed all the news about overweight children.

6. Pat says:

Kid Approved Lunch Box Recipes and the 100 Recipes For Kids is the site I am referencing.

7. Susan says:

I loveeeeeeeee Newman! He should be on the show more often if not all the time!!

8. Megan Peace says:

I am a huge fan of the show, and French Bulldogs!!! My Frenchie's name is King and he is the greatest dog! I have noticed that Claire has an orange french bulldog stautue on her back counter and I was wondering where she got it? I would love to have one for my home!