Subbing for Bruce, Sunny Anderson gets the behind-the-scenes dish from the “Dessert” episode of Ultimate Recipe Showdown.
More posts from FN Dish Editor.
Tags: competition, Desserts, Guy Fieri, Katherine Alford, party, Robin Koury, Sunny Anderson, ultimate recipe showdown
Oh yeah! The thought of Guy coming into my kitchen to chit chat when I have 30 minutes to whip out something amazing is like beyond a nightmare. I’d rather have the kids (and cats, maybe a few dogs …!) under foot.
Loved the high level of competition in this episode. Both Camilla and Dennis have quite a bit of cooking competition experience. (Camilla in particular – did you know she has, like, 10 cookbooks?!?) Some heavy hitters! I tend to root for underdogs, Jenny and Lisa; pleased to see Lisa win. Good on ya, girl!
So Sunny, Katherine and Robin, I’m going out with *my* girlfriends to TGIF this Friday (the 13th, no less!) for our own little “URS Tasting Party” – or should we call it “the FN Side Dish?” We’re ordering the winning URS dishes to share family-style. I so wish you could be there! If any of you wanna fly out, I’ll come pick you up at the airport. How’s that?!?
Hey Robin! Great episode on desserts. My friend Lauren and I love cookies. What’s your favorite cookie?
Come see the softer side of Psilakis! Did I actually hear the word “cute” from him about the baby cakes? And he loved the cupcakes!?! Wow!
On a totally different note, as a golfer and someone who was quite familiar with Camilla’s cooking history, I loved the Tiger Woods comparison. But hey, even Tiger shanks a drive now and then. And, most of his toughest fights seem to be against the less-well-known, up-and-coming competition, so the analogy really fit well.
I’m not sure about Robin, but my favorite cookie is pretty much the same as this recipe — the malt really adds a nice bit of surprise: http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1054850
Hi Dirt38 & A.P. – I’m pretty much as sugar addict and can’t get enough cookies, cakes and pies! My favorite cookie of all time is my family’s recipe for sugar cookies not only are they delicious but they have quite a history as well. The recipe has been passed down over 3 generations and we haven’t missed a Christmas making them since 1952! I also love Giada’s recipe for Holiday Biscotti which I make several times throughout the year. I tried Lisa Roman’s Heartbreak Healers last night and they were FABULOUS! Give ‘em a whirl…Its easy to see why they can heal a broken heart…For me they worked in reverse, I suffered a severe case of heartbreak when they were all gone!
A.P. the chocolate malted cookies look delish!
Another great episode ladies. I can”t believe the season is almost over….that makes me sad. I hope you three can come back next season, this was alot of fun. And remember SUNNY’S show is on Saturday!!!
I don’t know if anyone can tell by my comments, but I love to dabble in the kitchen. As for desserts I love to make them 60% of the time as compared to the other 40% which would be everyting else; appetizers, dinners, lunches, and every other lil thing. I guess I have a pretty big sweet tooth. I guess because growing up, my mother would always burn the cookies….. hahaha. As for desserts theres nothing like a homemade apple pie. Did anyone catch the throwdown, when bobby lost to those two cute older guys who made there pie in a brown bag. Can you say yummy!
Desserts are the best way to end a meal,catch up with friends and a great stress releiver. Can’t wait to try the parfit, love the all natural ingredients in the home. Ladies great as always!!!!!
Once all, what an incredible website and informative posts, I’ll upload inbound link â€“ bookmark this web-site? Regards, Reader.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>
Alton, Bobby and Giada are back to mentor and judge who will become the next Food Network Star. Sundays 9/8c.
Watch Full Episodes
Get recipes and food ideas, TV highlights, sweepstakes and contest news delivered directly to your email.
Sign up now!
Old-Time Beef Stew #myplate #veggies
Blackened Tilapia With Black-Eyed Pea Salad from #FNMag #myplate #protein #veggies
Brown Sugar-Spiced Grapefruit #myplate #fruit
Oatmeal Pancakes with Maple-Glazed Roasted Apples #myplate #grains #protein #fruit
See All of Scripps Networks Digital