Sunny’s Viewing Party – “Burgers”

by in View All Posts, View Video Only, January 12th, 2009

Subbing for Bruce, Sunny Anderson gets the behind-the-scenes dish from the second episode of Ultimate Recipe ShowdownBurgers.

This Bayou Burger is Like Eating New Orleans on a Bun

New Orleans is most definitely known as a foodie city. They have a culinary take that is uniquely their own as anyone who has ever strung together the...

1. Walter says:

I cannot wait to make these burgers!!! I also agree with the after party comments “patato roll” is the best roll for a burger…Can’t wait for next week.

2. Sue Noll says:

Enjoying the dish after the show as much as the show itself. Honest down to earth comments from the judges.

3. Lana says:

Oh, FN Dish. You know I love ya – I’ve been trying to watch this video serveral times yesterday and today, and honestly, it spends more time buffering that playing. I got through the first 3 minutes in about 10 minutes and gave up. Sorry!

But! From what I saw, I agree with all comments. So glad that Harold won; he’s truly an inspiration. And of course that Pimento Cheese burger looked tasty too. All the contestants are an inspiration, just for getting there.

It was my impression that the speed round burgers appeared to be tastier and more, ummm, accessible (?) recipes? Just my thought.

Robin, really great comments this week! Thank you, ladies, for giving us your time and thoughts on the show!

4. Tim Teuffel says:

Great segment, I couldn’t agree more, the bun makes the burger. Super job all around!

5. Gail says:

Can’t wait to try Harold’s Pimento Cheese Burger! Who know about adding pickle juice? Another great dish segment ladies!

6. Mookie W. says:

The burger segment was incredible.I went out and bought those potato rolls for the guys on Football Sunday and they were really impressed!Great charisma girls…Way to represent!!

7. A.P. says:

Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to see more than the first few seconds of the Dish segment so far. As with Lana, I’m having huge problems with the buffering on the feed. I’m guessing it has to be on the server side as I’ve tried it on 4 different computers and three different net connections so far this week.

Technical problems aside, I really enjoyed this week’s episode! Harold and Brigitte just between the two of them made everything necessary for a great episode. It was kind of like Star Wars with the wizened old Jedi master alongside the talented young whipper-snapper. You could tell from the outset that they were both excellent in their own ways, and throughout I though either would be a fantastic and deserving winner. From just the sound of the recipes, I think Brigitte’s burgers would have been a bit more to my taste, but I (unfortunately…) didn’t get to actually taste the food. :-( Absolutely no argument with Harold’s win though — you could tell just from watching that he really knows how to put together a burger!

Now, if this had been Next Food Network Star, Brigitte probably would have been a winner — she has a personality that really comes through the camera. I have a feeling that she’ll be on the air somewhere, sometime before her career is done.

I can’t wait to see what is next!

8. mlevine says:

Apologies on the playback issues. We’ve forwarded your notes to the Tech team. Thanks!

9. Lauren Wii says:

Great episode!!! I think with burgers you have to keep it simple. The quality of beef is number one. Awesome job judges. You gals know how to Dish It ;)

10. BrianN says:

Another great show by the ladies. It must be hard to cook when your on such a time-line! The only clock I’m used to using is the one on the microwave. Guess that’s why the experts are on t.v. and I’m on the couch! Keep up the great work. Love the show – P.S. Them potato rolls are the bomb!