Jamie Oliver Knows “What’s Cooking”

by in View All Posts, View Video Only, December 1st, 2008

FN DISH CONTEST!

We got the scoop about Jamie Oliver’s new video game, “What’s Cooking,” and now you have a chance to win the game! Enter in the comments a short description of who in your life would most benefit from playing Jamie’s new game — the top 3 entries will win!

Contest Ends: Sunday, December 7, 2008 11:59PM/10:59c

Don’t Hog the Oven: Slow-Cooker Thanksgiving Sides

How do you make the rest of Thanksgiving dinner with that big bird sitting in the oven? Pick up the slack with set-it-and-forget-it recipes for slow-c...

1. carrie makuski says:

My son is 8 years old. He eats, sleeps, and breathes cooking.(he asked for a magic buulet for christmas LOL.)Food Network is his channel of choice. The only problem is that he is very allergic to many foods. He cant touch eggs or peanuts or tree nuts. So we limit his help for now in the kitchen. He loves playing cooking momma on the wii and I know that he would love cooking with Jamies new game. He wants to be a restaurant guy someday!

2. Paige says:

My 11 year old daughter, Paisley, will LOVE this game. She is always offering to help me in the kitchen and looking for new meal ideas on the Food Network! She says she wants to go to culinary school and open a restaurant with her dad. “What’s Cooking” would help her step in the right direction!
    Thanks Jamie!!!

3. Eunice says:

This would be great for my sister. She’s going to go to college, and has no idea how to cook anything (this is including mac and cheese. yeah, she was deprived). She’s a total gamer so she would love it.

4. Kim says:

My son John would benefit from this game greatly. He is only 10 years old, but already the chef of the family. He loves to create new recipes and plate food decoratively. I think this game would offer him a new way to practice cooking in a fun way.

5. Natalie says:

I think this would be a great way to try new recipes and have them right at your fingertips, plus looks like alot of fun. I could definately use the game part to relax after cooking for my family.

6. Leah Lawton says:

This game sounds great! My husband would benefit from this game because he is an avid gamer. He probably wouldn’t even realize he was learning to cook at the same time.

7. William Ryan says:

My son is a special needs adult and is part of a program in school which teaches cooking and life skills. Unfortunately, tney teach them things like “TV dinners” and corn dogs. Would be a great education for them.

8. Wayne Pelton says:

My wife deserves this game because of her awesome dedication to me and our son. I work and go to school so she is left with almost all the household work and she does remarkable well at keeping things going. She is constantly trying to make different and better meals for us so this game would be a great way for her to have some fun(when she has time) and learn to make some new great meals for us. I cannot think of a more deserving person because of her unending love and dedication to her family.

9. Erin Pratt says:

This is awesome! I have always been passionate about food and this Thanksgiving my children really stepped up their game. My 8 year old must have chopped at least 25 cloves of garlic (she especially likes chopping and using knives) and my 13 year old baked two pies and a cake. Considering how much our family enjoys cooking, two extra creative hands creates more happy people! Watch out food network for the up and coming talent!

10. Max Jr Martinez says: