SC’s Top 10 Reasons To Be Thankful

by in View All Posts, November 26th, 2008

With Thanksgiving nearly here, the SC has been feeling contemplative. Here’s why I’m grateful this year…

10. For the colorful Bic markers, glitter pens and the fancy desk lamp that not only brighten my day but notes written to The Powers That Be.

9. For Joe, our secret Food Network tour guide. He has a plethora of knowledge about FN, and always adds a shot of humor and wit to my days (something this computer-saddled SC truly appreciates).

8. The mailroom guys who always help me with the heavy lifting around here. Do you know how many pounds a case of paper weighs?!!

7. Mr. SC (dear ole hubby) cooks for me at home…it’s like having your own personal FN-caliber chef make you dinner!

6. For all the cool FN kitchenware… I heart the Panini Grill & Press. Crisp, buttery Ciabbata, warm melty Fontina, fresh herbs… Mmmm.

5. For my family that I’ll be seeing over Thanksgiving, I was inspired by Ms. Deen to try to create her Frozen Chocolate Mousse Pie. Be prepared. I’m baking.

4. For The Next Iron Chef, which will begin taping soon. You can almost taste the food they make. I think it’s the best reality show which takes seasoned chefs to a new pinnacle in the culinary pantheon.

3. For the new and improved foodnetwork.com site! The recipe search rocks! I know where to find the recipe for Paula Deen’s southern-fried chicken during any middle of the night hunger pangs.

2. For Rachael Ray, who has had some major throat issues lately, for being a trooper and doing a marathon taping of 30 Minute Meals. That woman is unstoppable!

1. The FN Kitchens for their fancy eats, friendly faces and freebies. I admit that I did take two of the magical brownies you created a few months back.

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!

~ Secretary Confidential

25 Ways to Use Sauerkraut

Oktoberfest in Germany may have ended, but you can keep the celebrations going all month long. Sauerkraut, a traditional German fermented cabbage, isn...

1. Michael Hayes says:

I think we should all list ten things we are greatful for. The FN web site would be on my list along w/ my cat yellow.

2. Robin Koury says:

SC thanks for the post. Its always easy around the holidays to remember to be thankful for the big two – health and family. However just as in your post today, its equally as important to reflect on the smaller things that make life a little easier or bring us closer together. I wish Rachael Ray a quick throat recovery – she is a huge inspiration to so many! To everyone at FN – have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!!

3. josie says:

Thanks for reminding me to take a moment on this day of thanksgiving to reflect on all that I am grateful for. The hustle and bustle of our daily lives often makes us forget that family, fun and food are what we do it all for. And thanks SC for your contribution to the fun and food part.Happy posting!!!!!!!!

4. ME says:

What a nice reminder to all of us to be thankful for EVERYTHING!! Thanks for keeping us in the know!
    Happy Holiday’s to you and yours!

5. Sandy says:

It really is about people and how they fit together to make things work. When you add the fabulous food… Voila…you have the Food Network and I am grateful.

6. dude says:

Nice! I’d like to add that I’m thankful for restaurants that do prixe fixe meals for Thanksgiving! I love to cook, but I REALLY just love to EAT!

7. Kim says:

I’m grateful that the FN website exists! I can’t tell you how many wonderful recipes I have found that make the holidays that much more delicious! This Thanksgiving I made Emeril’s Pumpkin Cheesecake (which was such a hit last year that I made it again), and some Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies which seem to have become a family favorite! Happy Holidays and thanks for the inspiration!

8. Nick says:

Thanks SC! Love to hear what you’re grateful for at FN. It seems like a fun place to work. Except I know chefs can have a temper at times : )
    Keep us posted with the dish at FN!

9. If the purpose of leaving a comment — no matter how robust and informative — is to obtain a link, then the purpose of the comment is to spam the blog. If the purpose of the comment is to participate in the discussion and the link doesn’t matter, then it’s a good blog comment.

10. I’m impressed, I have to say. Really hardly ever do I encounter a blog that’s each educative and entertaining, and let me inform you, you will have hit the nail on the head. Your concept is excellent; the difficulty is something that not enough individuals are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I stumbled across this in my search for one thing relating to this.