Meet Chef Jeff

by in View All Posts, View Video Only, October 5th, 2008

Food Network’s newest star talks to The FN Dish about working with six at-risk youths for his new show, The Chef Jeff Project.

Don’t Hog the Oven: Slow-Cooker Thanksgiving Sides

How do you make the rest of Thanksgiving dinner with that big bird sitting in the oven? Pick up the slack with set-it-and-forget-it recipes for slow-c...

1. Jennifer says:

How does the The Chef Jeff Project show choose who becomes part of the show? What a wonderful opportunity for people to be shown the light and the possibilities. I would love to share my story.

2. Debbie says:

It was funny but I bumped into Chef Jeff when at the Food & Wine Festival at the Chelsa Market. I congratulated him on his premeire which was the same evening and his sincere efforts with our youths

3. Carolyn Sheppard says:

Chef Jeff,
    I am writing once again to you in hopes for a reply. I am guessing that with as much work as you have on your hands, that your staff checks most of your e-mails. Do you think you or your staff could contact me via e-mail to let me know if you can keep in touch with my son to keep his head and hopes up while in culinary school as well as finishing his education? I think letters from you would really keep his head straight and let him know that alot hard work and commitment will only give him great things in his future. Please contact me via e-mail which I have posted on my last letter to you.

Thank you very much for your consideration in this project.

Mrs. Carolyn Sheppard
    mamasheppard42@hotmail.com
    mamasheppard42@yahoo.com

4. flo says:

Chef Jeff,

I enjoyed watching your show. My son loves to cook and said at one time he wanted to be a chef. Somehow he lost the joy and now doubts his capabilities of being a productive individual. I wish he could become a part of your team of youths. You seem to be able to instill in them, a will to succeed. Continue your good work.

5. Allison says:

Adam, I just want him to know that he is an important, worthwhile human being and chef. I know your life has been hard and it may seem that many people are against you, but I am rooting for your success, as are many other viewers.

Allison

6. Crystal Fields says:

Mr.Chef Jeff I was so intriged to se what this show was going to be about it hit very close to home.I am a 25 year old mother of 5 out of Gary,IN.I had a 3.8 GPA got a scholarship from taking the GED test.Would have used it if I wasn’t so busy in those strets and having babies. But i’m stil blessed they are the only thing to keep me pushin and sane.Had a hard life and made it so far. .My soul passion is cooking.Iv’e been coking for about 10 years yeh you did the math right.My problem is without that school I will be making peanuts for the rest of my life.My family always tell me girl you need to do something with that gift. My oldest auntie told me I can’t believe this is the same little 13 year old girl when I walked in her mothers house she was on the phone burnin all the chicken.I would realy love and appreciate if I could get a email maube or a leter to let me know when you will be casting again for students.
    YOURS TRULY
    CRYSTAL FIELDS

7. collette says:

hi chef
    my name is collette , i love to cook, its art which i love do to, iam goin to school to become a chef.. i will love for u to give me more information about the business.you can email me a queendaley@hotmail.com

8. Diane says:

Hi Chef Jeff. My name is Diane and I to came out of South Central, I am a single parent and worked very hard to give my kids a better life than I had. I am a single parent of six children, my daughter Kathy needs your help. She has tried to do good but her homies give her a call and will you know the story…..Please consider her for your project, she is the type of person you are looking for to help to make a change in somebody life. I moved my kids to the O.C. Irvine to give them a better chance on life than I had, But like the old saying goes YOU CAN TAKE THE GIRL OUT OF THE GETTHO BUT YOU CAN’T TAKE THE GETTHO OUT OF THE GIRL.
    Thank you for time and may the Lord bless you and your show.

9. Tami Sloan says:

Dear Chef,
    Just a note to let you know how important your show is. I watch your show with my 10 year old daughter, and we discuss it. It is refreshing to see someone give back in such a real way.
    Keep up the great work your doing!

10. Rick Meihofer says:

I think its great what chef Jeff is doing. im a felon myself and been to prison myself.I think the food network needs more people like Chef Jeff.And more shows that help are youths that need help.You Rock Chef Jeff And I watch evey Time its On.Rick