Ina is Back to Basics

by in View All Posts, View Video Only, October 22nd, 2008

The FN Dish takes you inside Ina‘s new barn, new show, and new book, Barefoot Contessa: Back to Basics.

To win an autographed copy of Barefoot Contessa: Back to Basics, enter your favorite, “basic” cooking technique in the comments below. Thanks to all who submitted cooking techniques — CONTEST ENDED on 10/27 — winner will be contacted via email!

Traditional Fried Chicken Flies the Coop in Favor of the Sweet and Spicy

There are few foods revered for their simplicity and nostalgia-inducing power like crispy, juicy fried chicken. But on Thursday night, 17 prominent Ne...

1. Karen says:

I have used your bacon idea so much! Alot less cleanup. And I love the chicken pot pie. And love the chicken stock ice cube idea. Use it all the time.
    Love your show!And the new barn!!!!!!

2. Jacquie says:

Ok, just to be clear, NOBODY is happier that you have new episodes on FN than me. I have always loved your show and your style of cooking – elegant yet accessible. My favorite basic has to be all the interesting cocktail recipes – especially the ones ending in “tini”.

3. Del says:

I didn’t see the show this past Saturday, I just read all the comments, when will it re-hire “

4. [...] contain myself after finding out The FN Dish would be going to Ina Garten’s Hampton home for last week’s episode. Being an avid Barefoot Contessa viewer prior to working here at Food Network, I had to make a [...]

5. patsy rivera says:

I roast vegetables for the first time- follow your directions, oilver

6. patsy rivera says:

I roast vegetables for the first time- follow your directions, oliver oil and salt(I like the taste of sea salt) simple and very good. I am very sorry for naming your husband,Mr. Michael it’s Mr.Jeffery.

7. Margie Leeder says:

Ina, I love your shows and I’m so glad to see some new ones! I’ve watched all the reruns a dozen times. I love your new barn.

8. Jill Smith says:

After watching “Barefoot” for years, it finally accord to me that you are really in front of a camera and not just speaking to me. What a wonderful teacher you are.Thanks!!

9. Ronda Williams says:

I am so very glad you are back with a new show. I so love seeing your husband and friends have reoccuring visits on your shows. Its nice that you share a part of your private life with your fans. I hope you have continued sucess and are forever on The Food Network.

10. Ina, you are my favorite, and my business coach says I remind her of you! Wow! I love the new barn, the kitchen in your home, how you treat Jeffrey and how he loves all the dishes that you make for him, plus the way you explain things to us-so simply. I have copied down all of your design styles from your cookbooks and have implemented a lot of them-books in the dining room, etc.-I have ordered some of the CDs you recommend, etc. Sorry I missed you on your book tour when you came to Williams -Sonoma in San Francisco! I watch you every SINGLE day!
    All the love in the world: Sandy Guderyon