In Our Studios …

by in View All Posts, October 4th, 2008

On the top floor of our offices at Chelsea Market are a series of state of the art kitchens where recipes are constantly developed, tested and prepared for shows, as well as our two studios. It’s here we shoot Iron Chef America, 30 Minute Meals, Guy’s Big Bite, Tyler’s Ultimate, Cooking for Real, The Next Food Network Star, Ultimate Recipe Showdown, Essence of Emeril and Secrets of a Restaurant Chef.

We just finished taping Season 2 of Ultimate Recipe Showdown : 24 of America’s top home cooks compete to cook the ultimate recipes in 6 different categories. Guy Fieri hosts, and it’s always a kick to have Guy in the house.  Bonus question, did you happen to see Guy sitting in the audience (front row, natch) of the season premiere of Saturday Night Live ? That shock of blond spikes rising from his head is unmistakable. (Ultimate Recipe Showdown premieres Sun,  January 4th).

Speaking of Guy, have you caught Guy Off The Hook? It’s a new show on Sundays at 1:30pm ET/12:30 CT.  Guy has wanted to do an audience show since he started on air.  In fact, the show he pitched when he won The Next Food Network Star was called “Off the Hook”.  (But we changed it to “Guy’s Big Bite”)  Last February, I sat in the audience at the Food Network South Beach Wine & Food Festival and watched Guy as he tore up the house — a funny, electrifying, interactive cooking demo in front of hundreds of fans.  I knew then he was ready. We taped a first season of 6 eps to test out the concept, so let me know what you think.

That’s it from where I sit.  I’ll answer more of your questions shortly.

Bob

This App Keeps Track of Your Perishable Foodstuffs

One of the worst feelings in the world has to be taking a big, late night swig of milk, only to find out that it is chunkier than cottage cheese and s...

1. Alec Smart says:

Ted Allen’s show Food Detectives, might be one of the worst shows to air on FN in many many years. I think many get the drift. He delivers in a way that only children can appreciate and as result, alienates adult viewers checking in looking for something a bit more adult.

You could market it is a chilren’s program suitable to be watched along with the parents or an adult and match it up against the Saturday morning cartoon lineup and see if that will help it stick. Your welcome Bob and Ted. It will mean the show will survive.

2. Dick Isingnia says:

Hi Bob,

Just thought I should let you know that it would appear that people tune into see Paula Deen, not so much for her cooking or to snag a recipe or two, but to see what the hell she will say next.

I think she has become a bit of caricature for FN and is now more associated with lewd and lascivious behaviour and language than good Southern home cooking. Heck even the Southerners are dissavowing ownership of her.

I like her in the first few years and then my disgust level kicked it up a notch with Paula’s Party and finally realised I had no use for her anymore.

3. Alta says:

I got turned off by Paula Deen’s silliness and sexual inuendos a long time ago! She is no southern lady.

4. Jean Sagarese says:

I was at the 1st 2 tapings of Guy’s new show and had a blast -the Yakitori Chicken was excellent and I will try it at home

5. connie Harrison says:

I would like to know how to nominate someone for the Chef Jeff Project. I have a son who is very passionate about cooking and would to see his dream come true.He seems to really need some guidance and I need help. He is 26 and has a 7 yr, old son and his Father passed away when he 13 yrs.old. and he just can't seem to get a break.Help!!

6. Outlaw says:

Guy is far and away the best personality on the FN. He is not only entertaining but is a knowledgeable cook as opposed to an, ahem “CHEF” ahem, which is a real plus in my book.

7. B Melino says:

I like Guy on DDD but short of that WAY to much over exposure!!!!!! WAY. Enough of him already. Don’t like his recipes.

8. Anonymous says:

You really make it seem really easy together with your presentation however I find this matter to be actually something which I think I'd never understand. It kind of feels too complex and extremely huge for me. I am looking forward on your subsequent submit, I will try to get the hold of it!

9. Betsy Wilson says:

Hey there! This is kind of off topic but I need some advice from an established blog. Is it very difficult to set up your own blog? I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I'm thinking about setting up my own but I'm not sure where to begin. Do you have any points or suggestions? With thanks

10. I believe this internet web site contains extremely superb composed articles posts .