The Neelys Storm Manhattan

by in View All Posts, View Video Only, September 15th, 2008

Bruce takes Food Network’s southern stars to his favorite New York City doughnut shop.

Traditional Fried Chicken Flies the Coop in Favor of the Sweet and Spicy

There are few foods revered for their simplicity and nostalgia-inducing power like crispy, juicy fried chicken. But on Thursday night, 17 prominent Ne...

1. I love your cooking but casn't stand lisining to you two talk to much sexual talk I am offened by you two. I watch food net work every day but your show and its a shame because i love your cooking

susan britton

2. mavzette says:

i am african american and i do not feel i have to act loud and stupit to repersent my people. so please take on a more sophicated approach.

3. Wendy P says:

I love this show and it has been refreshing addition to FN since it has been on the air, however sometimes I think they can be a little too silly, but everyone is lawd help Paula's Party and Alton with his dry since of humor. It would be nice to see a more sophicated approach, but I wonder if what we see is what FN wants from them. Watching all of the Next FN Stars shows you have to give them what they want not always who you are. Great job Pat and Gina Neeley.

4. Robin says:

I cannot stand this show. Her voice is so annoying and I'm not into all the kissy-faced antics. Must there be a family story to every recipe? Come on! Just the recipe please without all the other fabricated nonsense.

5. debbie says:

I just see what is on the menu and then go on line, I agree that voice and the "you all" kills me.

6. FredAndLynne says:

We love to see the love in the kitchen! We will be married 35 years in July of 2011. We're still in love and still love cooking together. It's great to see the same in the Neelys!

7. FredAndLynne says:

How boring would Food Network be if every show was "sophistocated?" I'd have to change the channel. I like the mix. I think that represents all of us as Americans. -Lynne

8. Just me says:

I can't stand the neelys! Their on-screen love-making makes me want to throw-up. Isn't there anyone at the Food Network in charge who could tell them to cool it? Or better yet … get rid of them altogether. That would definitely solve the problem! PLEASE

• Working gal says:

I am with you. I was thrilled when I turned on the tv (my routine after getting home from work to watch Paula) and they were not there. I typically turn the channel if they are on…just so many sexual undertones. I do like many of their recipes, but will not watch them anymore.

9. snowmuffin says:

I have to agree. I am retired and as such watch a lot of shows on the FN. I have not watched the Neelyes since right after they came on the network. She is loud and annoying And the sexual talk is disgusting. They should leave it in the bedroom.