1. To Enter: The FN Dish Give-Away Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 8:00 a.m. (Eastern Time [“ET”]) on July 16, 2009, and ends at 11:59 p.m. (ET) on July 22, 2009 (the “Contest Period”). Participants may enter the Contest online by visiting the FN Dish Comments section on the Food Network website (the “Website”) at www.foodnetwork.com/fndish, and completing the online entry form (limit one (1) online entry, per valid email address, per eligible person per day). “The FN Dish,” prompts viewers to enter the Contest online in “The FN Dish Comments” section by writing an original and creative caption for the image provided by FN Dish on the Website. (There is a 200 character limitation including spaces and punctuation). Each entry must include the following: the entrant’s full name, age, address, e-mail, phone number (including area code), release forms, application, and a comment (the “Comment Entry” and collectively, “Comment Entries”). Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on July 22, 2009. Television Food Network G.P. (“Food Network” or “Sponsor”), will verify receipt of entries. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
3. Winning/Notification: One (1) winner (the “Contest Winner”) will be selected based on the criteria described below on or about July 24, 2009, from among all eligible entries received by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on July 22, 2009. Sponsor’s decisions with respect to the Contest Winner and other matters pertaining to the Contest shall be final. If Contest Entities are unable to contact a potential prize winner, an alternate winner shall be selected for that prize. All entries will be received and reviewed by Sponsor. The Sponsor will be rating each Comment Entry based on the relevance to the themes of the promotion along with the creativity and originality of the submissions. The winning entries will be determined at the sole discretion of Sponsor. The most compelling Comment Entry shall be deemed a Contest Winner. Potential winner will be notified by email on a date in late July 2009, to be determined by Sponsor.
4. One (1) Prize: One (1) winner from the Comments Section shall win a trip to the 2009 Food Network Southern Food & Wine Festival in Nashville, TN for the winner and one (1) guest on or about July 31, 2009 (actual date to be determined by Sponsor) consisting of the following: (i) two (2) days/one (1) night at the Gaylord Opryland Resort in Nashville (one (1) double occupancy room, room rate and tax only) (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $320.12); (ii) two (2) tickets to a cooking seminar of the winner’s choice with either: (a) Bobby and Jamie Deen; (b) The Neelys (hosts of Down Home with the Neelys); or (c) other such talent to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (collectively, the “FN Talent”) (ARV: $128.18); and (iii) two (2) tickets to the 2009 Festival Exhibit Hall at the Food Network Southern Food & Wine Festival, featuring food and wine vendors, food sampling, cooking competitions, a kids’ area, and wine tastings (ARV: $51.70). Total ARV of the prize package: $500.00.
Total ARV of all prizes in the Contest: $500.00.
All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with any element of any prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the Contest Winner. All federal, state, and local taxes on the prize are the prize winner’s responsibility. The prize winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the cash value of the prize. The specifics of all aforementioned elements of the prize in the Contest shall be solely determined by Contest Entities.
5. Prize Conditions: The travel companion of the Contest Winner must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older, unless accompanied by his/her parent or legal guardian. The winner and winner’s travel companion must each must sign a Liability and Publicity Release (“Affidavit/Release”) to be signed and returned within seven (7) days of notification date. All documents must be returned by the date and/or time indicated within such documents. If potential winner and/or travel companion fails to return such documents within the allotted time, or if an entrant is found to be ineligible, or if he/she does not comply with the Official Rules, then the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. Except where prohibited by law, a potential winner’s entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Contest Entities to use said potential winner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation. Any prize cannot be transferred, substituted, or redeemed for cash except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, or portions thereof, with a prize of equal or greater value. If Sponsor is unable to furnish FN Talent in connection with the prize, no substitution or compensation will be given in lieu thereof; however, remainder of prize package will be awarded. The prize will be awarded.
6. Contest Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to modify and/or edit the winning Comment Entries for content. Sponsor will own all rights to the winning Comment Entries. Entries/Comment Entries become the property of Contest Entities, and cannot be returned, and may be deemed a “promotional tool” of Contest Entities under US copyright law. By entering the Contest, entrant waives any and all rights he or she may have to their Comment Entry. To the extent entrant has any rights in the Comment Entry, entrant assigns all such rights to Contest Entities by entering the Contest. Entrant further agrees that Contest Entities shall be the exclusive owner of the Comment Entry, including all copyrights and trademarks, and Contest Entities or their assigned agent(s), will have the right to reproduce, publish, adapt, modify and/or revise the Comment Entry, in its sole discretion, in any manner or form throughout the world, in perpetuity. Entries void if forged or if obtained/submitted outside authorized channels. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules. Winner and entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Entities and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in this Contest.
This Contest is subject to all applicable Federal and Municipal laws and all State and local regulations. This offer is void where prohibited and/or restricted by law.
7. Limitations of Liability: The Contest Entities their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, and any and all Internet servers and access provider(s) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omission, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Contest; inability to access the Website; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; printing or human or other errors; and any entries which are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible or postage due, or any combination thereof. Proof of mailing, in person submission, or online submission is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt in any way or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, fulfillment or proper conduct of the promotion, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and select a winner by randomly drawing from those entries received up to the cancellation/suspension date. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
8. Winner’s List: Beginning on or about July 27, 2009, you may obtain the name of the Contest Winner by going to FoodNetwork.com. Results of the drawing will be removed from FoodNetwork.com on or about August 24, 2009.
9. Sponsor: Television Food Network, G.P., 1180 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036.