- Comments (12)
1. To Enter: The FN Dish Give-Away Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 8:00 a.m. (Eastern Time [“ET”]) on June 29, 2009, and ends at 11:59 p.m. (ET) on July 5, 2009 (the “Contest Period”). Participants may enter the Contest online by visiting the FN Dish Comments section on the Food Network website (the “Website”) at www.foodnetwork.com, and completing the online entry form (limit one (1) online entry, per valid email address, per eligible person per day). “The FN Dish,” prompts viewers to enter the Contest online in “The FN Dish Comments” section by creating an original limerick about Bobby Flay and/or burgers, defined in these official rules as a five (5) line poem following the rhyming pattern “AABBA.” (There is a 500 character limitation including spaces and punctuation). Each entry must include the following: the entrant’s full name, age, address, e-mail, phone number (including area code), release forms, application, and a comment (the “Comment Entry” and collectively, “Comment Entries”). Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on July 5, 2009. Television Food Network G.P. (“Food Network” or “Sponsor”), will verify receipt of entries. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
3. Winning/Notification: Three (3) winners (the “Contest Winners”) will be selected based on the criteria described below on or about July 13, 2009, from among all eligible entries received by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on July 5, 2009. Sponsor’s decisions with respect to the Contest Winners and other matters pertaining to the Contest shall be final. If Contest Entities are unable to contact a potential prize winner, if the potential prize winner fails to complete and return all forms by the specified date, or if potential prize winner fails to comply with any of the requirements, or if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, an alternate winner shall be selected for that prize. All entries will be received and reviewed by Sponsor. The Sponsor will be rating each Comment Entry based on the relevance to the themes of the promotion along with the creativity and originality of the submissions. The winning entries will be determined at the sole discretion of Sponsor. The most compelling Comment Entry shall be deemed a Contest Winner. Potential winner will be notified by email on a date in mid July or end of July, to be determined by Sponsor. In the event a prize notification letter or a prize is returned as undeliverable, such prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected from among all remaining eligible entries received.
4. Three (3) Prizes: Three (3) winners from the Comments Section shall each win one (1) autographed copy of the book by Bobby Flay entitled, “Bobby Flay’s Burgers, Fries & Shakes.” (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $25.95). Total ARV of each prize package: $25.95.
Total ARV of all prizes in the Contest: $77.85.
All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with any element of any prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the respective prize winner. All federal, state, and local taxes on prizes are the respective prize winner’s responsibility. Each prize winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the cash value of their respective prize. The specifics of all aforementioned elements of each prize in the Contest shall be solely determined by Contest Entities.
5. Prize Conditions: Potential winners will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release (“Affidavit/Release”), to be signed and returned within seven (7) days of notification date. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if a winner fails to complete and return all requested forms by the specified date, or if a winner fails to comply with any of the requirements, his/her prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner shall be selected. If prizes or prize notifications are returned as undeliverable, this will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. Except where prohibited by law, a potential winner’s entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Contest Entities to use said potential winner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation. Any prize cannot be transferred, substituted, or redeemed for cash except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, or portions thereof, with a prize of equal or greater value. The prizes will be awarded.
6. Contest Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to modify and/or edit the winning Comment Entries for content. Sponsor will own all rights to the winning Comment Entries. Entries/Comment Entries become the property of Contest Entities, and cannot be returned, and may be deemed a “promotional tool” of Contest Entities under US copyright law. By entering the Contest, entrant waives any and all rights he or she may have to their Comment Entry. To the extent entrant has any rights in the Comment Entry, entrant assigns all such rights to Contest Entities by entering the Contest. Entrant further agrees that Contest Entities shall be the exclusive owner of the Comment Entry, including all copyrights and trademarks, and Contest Entities or their assigned agent(s), will have the right to reproduce, publish, adapt, modify and/or revise the Comment Entry, in its sole discretion, in any manner or form throughout the world, in perpetuity. Entries void if forged or if obtained/submitted outside authorized channels. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules. Winners and entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Entities and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in this Contest.
This Contest is subject to all applicable Federal and Municipal laws and all State and local regulations. This offer is void where prohibited and/or restricted by law.
7. Limitations of Liability: The Contest Entities their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, and any and all Internet servers and access provider(s) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omission, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Contest; inability to access the Website; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; printing or human or other errors; and any entries which are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible or postage due, or any combination thereof. Proof of mailing, in person submission, or online submission is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt in any way or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, fulfillment or proper conduct of the promotion, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and select a winner by randomly drawing from those entries received up to the cancellation/suspension date. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
8. Winners’ List: Beginning on or about July 17, 2009, you may obtain the names of the Contest Winner by going to FoodNetwork.com. Results of the drawing will be removed from FoodNetwork.com on or about August 17, 2009.
9.Sponsor: Television Food Network, G.P., 1180 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036.